Unfortunately it rained during the entirety of the outdoor ceremony. But Katie wasn't going to let a little rain ruin her day. I was given the great honor of walking her down the aisle which was really neat. I've never had the opportunity of being anyone's 'best man', and now that I'm approaching 32 and most of my male friends are married I doubt I'll ever get that opportunity. However walking Kates down the aisle was an order of magnitude bigger deal to me.
The reception immediately followed, and quickly got loud. Not necessarily the DJ, its just that my family (besides me of course) has no concept of an 'inside' voice. There seems to be a direct correlation between the volume of the boys in the McMann family and how good a time everyone was having. Last night we were exceptionally loud.
Well, that might be some sort of record amount of verbiage that I wrote above, so I'll stop while I'm ahead and post some pictures!
Below is a pic of Kara and Brooke. I had my SB-400 with me and pointed the flash, up. Unfortunately I turned the camera 90 degrees, so the flash was pointed left of me. I thought the picture wouldn't turn out right, however, it actually turned out very nice.
Once dinner was finished, Katie told me she had an idea. And went to talk to the DJ. About 3 minutes later the DJ said that the next song was for Katie's Dad, and "Keep your hands to yourself" by the Georgia Satellites came on. What came next can best be described by this pic (shot on my camera by Todd)
The party certainly went on from there…
2 comments:
We're not ALL married...
looks like a fun time. brett, the sunglasses on the head are a nice touch.
Post a Comment