We took her yesterday to her 1-year-old doc appointment. She's still somewhere between 90 & 95 percentile in height, weight & head circumference. So that's good I guess. If she keeps this up, I believe I can stop contributing on her 529 account because she's a lock for a volleyball scholarship. Right?
Anyway, I seldom post without pictures, and this time is no different.
A lot of evenings you can find Emmaline in her jammies (aka a 'sleeper'). Tonight she was wearing her pink hearts. Just before this picture she was reading a book on her own which I tried to capture. When she saw the camera she tossed the book over her right shoulder and lit up for the camera...

Sooner or later she forgets about Mom & Dad and decides to play with her toys. Usually this involves the following steps:
- Take the toy out of whatever container it is found in
- Carefully visually inspect the toy
- (Optional) Bite on the toy with your 4 front teeth
- Toss it aside.
- Repeat

At some point in the evening, she becomes unhappy with something. If that previous sentence sounds arbitrary, well, it is. "Something" cannot be defined, and is seldom ever the same "something". I can't quite recall what this "something" was, but certainly she wasn't happy with something...

When she's upset, one easy remedy is taking her outside to 'walk the grounds'. She and Daddy spend quite a bit of time outside looking at the trees, touching leaves, etc.

Finally, we can never forget about my propensity to make a complete fool out of myself. At some point she'll be ashamed of me. Until then, I'll continue to look like and idiot...
4 comments:
Hey Brett - you should wear a pedometer...see how much exercise you're getting walking her. You'll thank her someday :-)
Thanks for sharing her BD pics..saw all the ones on the website too. Quite the haul she made!
Kim
From the thumbprint of that last picture, I thought you were Gram! I do hope you'll stop dressing like a woman at some point in this poor child's life.
Dougo--
It's a given that Emmaline will be embarrassed by you and your antics someday. However, now I know why dad was so happy to have kids...finally a reason to be an idiot.
Love it!
The pictures are great. Can you believe our babies are one! We have to have a playdate soon.
Jaclyn
Post a Comment