Friday, April 6, 2007

RSS/Blog/Flickr magic

For a long time I never saw the benefit of things like Blogs, photo blogs etc. In my mind they were nothing more than grand journals that people kept. Things that allow people to live vicariously through others without living their own lives themselves.

I believe my tune is changing on this matter..

Last night I was able to catch up with an old friend of mine via email. Someone I hadn't spoken with in atleast 18 months, and before that it may have been years. However through the magic of Flickr™ I've been able to catch up on her life via pictures. Further, through the magic of Google Reader I'm able to keep up on her life, again through the aforementioned pictures. Isn't the web wonderful?


Now that I think about it, I should stop living vicariously through someone's flickr acount and start living my own life, I gotta go.... :)

No comments: