Sunday, December 16, 2007

Where have I been?

This blog has been dormant for a couple weeks, so I thought I would put together a mega post of all our activities since there has been silence on the wire for so long.


We decided to take a Christmas picture for Grammy of all her grandchildren. Wilson was great. Wyatt on the other hand, well, see the smile above. He "no want to say cheese". We tried saying "watermelon" with only slightly better results.



We then visited Toledo for my birthday and for a "meet the baby" party (more pictures). Once everyone had left, Brooke and Aunt Katie got playing a game where Brooke would run but her aunt would hold on to her skirt. Brooke thought this was nearly the funniest thing she's ever been a part of in all of her 21 months.


Later the next morning, ol' Brooke found her nose. :)



Then Nana got some time with both of her granddaughters.



Then presents were broken out, and Mom decided to give to her oldest son all the junk that he never cleaned out of his room. Luckily, I found this sweet pair of sunglasses and a great hat (actually the hat was Dad's, and he looked just as ridiculous in it as I do.)


Friday (the 14th), we had a funeral to attend in Toledo. Doc, Abigail's Grandma's husband, had passed away.


Wilson and Granddad.


Granddad, his siblings, and Grandma Zechman. True to form, Grandma was not looking at the camera.


Later that evening (Friday the 14th), Ab, myself, and Emmaline went back to Mom's house and got to try Tony Packo's Pizza (see bottom left). Actually, this was Vito's pizza, but they partnered with Tony Packo's to make a pizza with Packo's toppings (Packo sauce, Packo sausage sliced on top, cheese, and mustard). I was very skeptical, but it was delicious! Brooke and I decided to snap some shots together while we were at the table.


Finally, tonight was the first night of the first annual Baker-Humphreys Christmas Extravaganza (a two night Christmas extravaganza, no less)! We watched "A Christmas Story" (filmed in Cleveland!). It was great, up until the time Vinnie Barbarino (pictured above) showed up. The kid could not keep his shirt buttoned.

Vinnie was not happy as he departed this evening, tiring day.

Finally, today we found out how fond Emmaline is of our vacuum. She was inconsolable this afternoon, and Abigail had the brilliant idea of running the vacuum to settle her down. Within 3 to 5 seconds of the vacuum being on, she had herself completely calmed down. What a blessing! (HT to the Mowery's for that little trick.)

No comments: