Sunday, May 4, 2008

The weekend in review

The Humphreys crew went to Toledo this weekend. Abigail was helping on the inspection of the "High Level Bridge" across the muddy mighty Maumee River. So it gave us all a good excuse to go up to Toledo and visit.

Emmaline wasn't all that excited about getting a bath on Saturday afternoon. Nana decided to try to give her a bottle to soothe her. Turns out, she really liked it. Also turns out it makes for an entertaining photo...
While at Mom's this weekend, I had the typical springtime chore of replacing sprinkler heads that may have gone bad*. I was working on one in particular that didn't seem to be getting the correct water pressure, blah blah blah. End of story: I was fiddling with the head while it had water going to it. The head popped off when I was kneeling right over the spray...


* The truth is, sprinkler heads don't really go "bad". They work pretty reliably. They just can't stand up to a lawn mower blade set to cut grass at 1/16".

No comments: