So the latter half of this week has gone exceptionally well. Night four, Emmaline woke up for about 45 minutes at 2am. She cried pretty hard but fell back asleep and didn't get up until 6:50.Night five she woke up a couple of times, cried a little bit, but never really stayed up. And slept until 7am!
Finally, last night she went to bed around 7:30. Cried a couple times, once around 9 and once around 9:45, but nothing of any length. And is just now waking up at 6am.
So overall, I never expected a week of sleep training to go as well as it has. Of course we're very cautious, but very optimistic that Emmaline's on the right track. Overall, we think this week has been a great success.
As for Ab and I, we're still on the air mattress in the family room. However, I think tonight may be our last night there, and we just may go back to sleeping in our own bed. How novel.
5 comments:
Nice job guys! I can't imagine how hard it must be to be doing this and hopefully the efforts continue to be fruitful for all :)
Thanks sis! It gets easier and easier each night, that's for sure.
Great job B&A...it will pay off in the end when you're all getting full night's sleep. Everyone will be happier!
Kim
Congrats to you for getting through what I'm sure has been a rough week - and go Emmaline for making such quick progress - what a girl!
Just in case... I've heard some people say that after a week of success, some kids will give it one more shot, just for old times' sake. Hopefully not, my kids didn't do that, but just so you don't feel completely devestated if that happens - it may just be a last ditch effort.
But I'm so happy for you, and I hope everyone is sleeping peacefully in their beds really soon. You all certainly deserve it. :)
We joined the family room club last night. It wasn't so bad. We moved the full size matress from the guest bed to the floor. That was probably the hardest part- sleeping on a full mattress rather than a queen. Dave was pretty happy with our experiment, but I have to remind him that Frank's sleep habit can be like a pendulum- great a few nights then horid for a week- so we aren't taking any moment of sleep for granted.
Post a Comment