Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Station

It is funny how sometimes one part of your life can intersect another portion of your life. All the while you thought both portions of your life were silo'd or completely independent of one another. Just this afternoon I was reading an article about photography and how little the camera matters. In that article the author linked to a story titled "The Station" by Robert J. Hastings.

Over the past six or eight months I've found my mind wander to this very topic. The conclusion I've come to was the same as the author did as well. The journey is so much more important than the destination. In fact the destination matters very little. You may reach the destination. you may not, shoot, the destination may change greatly, however the common thread is the journey. Along the journey you will have opportunities to interact with and impact people, the destination is the culmination of those interactions.

No comments: